Learn how to

12/4/09

Baked Ziti

I've been asked for this recipe so many times, I decided to drag it back up closer to the top of my archives. It's one of my families' favorites. For me, this recipe has it ALL. It's quick, easy and a frugal (less than $5) meal. What more could you ask for? Baked Ziti

1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 jar water
1 lb pasta (rotini, penne, ziti, elbows, shells)
8 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, mexican, mont. jack)



Mix sauce, water, and uncooked pasta in 9x13 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depends upon type of pasta used). Remove cover, stir, top with cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.

Serve with garlic toast and a salad.

Variations: add mushrooms, eggplant, zuccini, or any other vegetable you need to sneak in on your kids. It doesnt take much. Meat can also be added. 1 lb of ground beef, italian sweet pork sausage, ground turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken.

LE2
LE4

No comments:

Post a Comment