Learn how to

11/14/07

Buy Nothing Christmas 2007

Every year it seems Christmas gets earlier and earlier in the stores. By the time it's actually time to start thinking about Christmas (you know the day AFTER Thanksgiving) I'm sick of it! The true meaning of the holiday has been lost. It is so commercialized. It has become a money game. On the news they talk about how sales are up, compare years in the past, blah blah blah.

My family has decided to take back Christmas and it's meaning this year. We are exchanging gifts that are to be handmade, or garage sale/thriftstore buys. We refuse to go into debt to celebrate this holiday.

I was surfing the internet for a couple of ideas for a couple of people on my list. I googled 'handmade gifts' and found my family is not the only one who feels this way.

According to the "Buy Nothing Christmas" website it takes only a bit of creative thinking to come up with alternatives to excessive consumerism. They list over 50 ideas. Go over and check their site out.

Take the true meaning of Christmas back for you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. I love these ideas. Thanks so much for posting. Glad I found your blog. I'm putting you on my Favorites list if that's okay with you?

    ReplyDelete