Skoy Cloth Review and Giveaway
I was sent a 4 pack of Skoy Cloths to try out and I love them!
The Skoy Cloth is an earth friendly cloth that you can use anywhere you clean or anytime you normally would use paper towels.
It is natural, re-useable and biodegradable. One Skoy Cloth will outlast 15 rolls of paper towels! And all of you know I don't buy paper towels!
The Skoy not only saves you money but saves so much room on storage. Four cloths can be stored in a drawer taking up less room than a pot holder! How much storage space does 60, that's right, 60 rolls of paper towels hog?
Skoy Cloths are washable; throw them in your washer or dishwasher. They dry quickly which helps to hinder the breeding of bacteria, unlike a sponge.
You can also place a wet Skoy in the microwave for a minute or two to sanitize it. CAUTION: The cloth must be wet to avoid fires and it will be hot when you remove it. Open microwave door and let cool for several minutes before removing.
Will my SKOY cloth be ruined if I wash it often?
No, the SKOY cloth can last over 50 wash cycles if using a normal detergent. We have many customers that have used our SKOY cloth daily for over a year.
Where can I buy more SKOY cloths?
You can buy it on our web site or from one of “our SKOY friends”, both online e-tailers and local retail stores. GO HERE.... Order today and get rid of those paper towels!
How is SKOY a greener cleaning solution than paper towels, both end up on the landfill and both are biodegradable?
A paper towel you can only use once, while a SKOY can be used over and over again. In an average household, each SKOY cloth saves 15 rolls of paper towels!
Why is reducing the use of paper towels a big deal?
· Less paper waste reduces greenhouse gases in multiple ways:
a) reduces transportation required to haul goods/packages,
b) reduces energy needed to make goods/packages,
c) reduces fuel consumed in hauling waste to landfill, and
d) reduces methane in landfill from decomposing paper.
· Using less paper towels means cutting down less trees, which reduces the risk of deforestation. “17 trees are consumed to make one ton of paper towels” (American Dryer web site)
· Using less paper towels means we can use less chemicals and waste less water needed to produce paper towels. “Even before the paper towels are used, each ton has claimed 20,000 gallons of water in chemical cleansing.” (Wikipedia)
· Using less paper towels means using up less landfill resources. “A decrease in U.S. household consumption of just three rolls per year would save 120,000 tons of waste and $4.1 million landfill dumping fees.” Arizona State University
Imagine every household saving 15 rolls for each SKOY…!
I'm giving away 1 set of 4 cloths.
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
Entry deadline will be midnight on 4/20/11
Mandatory Entry: "Like" Easy Frugal Living on Facebook and tell me how many rolls of paper towels you currently have on hand.
1) Follow Easy Frugal Living on Twitter
2) Tweet this giveaway on Twitter once per day
3) “Like” Skoy on Facebook and tell them Easy Frugal Living sent you!
4) Follow Skoy on Twitter
Be sure to leave a comment here for each entry so they all will count!
Disclosures: This post reflects my honest, personal opinion and experience with the product which may differ from yours. Product information courtesy of the sponsor. No monetary compensation was provided for this post.