Learn how to

7/3/12

Fermenting Cucumbers In Your Crockpot

I'm trying out fermenting cucumbers. There are many ways to ferment cucumbers when you want sour pickles. Everyone does it differently. But everyone has to start with a vessel. A pickling crock can be VERY expensive. Not an expense I wanted to invest in at this time. So I decided to use my crockpot liner and it has worked out wonderfully!


I even used the lid. I cover the top with a kitchen towel to keep it dark.


Inside, I placed a heavy plate on top of the cucumbers, then a heavy bowl. When the lid is on, the lid pushes the bowl down keeping everything submerged. You do not want anything, including your spices to be floating.


For more great lacto fermenting ideas be sure to listen to the Survival Podcast!

Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment