Learn how to

3/10/10

Junk Fest Inspired Wall

I love the concept of decorating with empty frames but had never tried it until I seen Junk Fest's entry this week for So You Think You Can Decorate.

I have a lot of empty frames stored away that I pulled from the trash where I was employed.

One of the frames is huge and I got to thinking what wall I could use it on. It needed to have a lot of room. I found the perfect wall. {You see those 9 frames to the side? Those have been hanging empty for two years waiting for me to put my family photos in. Gotta get those done now for sure!}



I dug through my frames and pictures and found the wedding photo silhouette of my husband and I. I had totally forgot about it when we moved here.



I loved this white frame the second I seen it laying in a heap of rubbage. The width and angle of it gives off the sense of so much depth.



The silhouette's detail on the groom and bride's arms is our first names.



Then our last name along the bottom.



With hanging this here by itself, it gives the piece the spotlight it so deserves.

Thank you Junk Fest for inspiring me. If you havn't visited the site, be sure to take some time and stop by there.




Those girls are sure to inspire you.


This post has also been linked to:

Friday Follow


The Trendy Treehouse



19 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, thanks for the shout out on your blog! I love what you did with your silhouette picture...the "frame inside a frame" concept is great for adding pizzazz to a single picture.
    Stop by and visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white frame addition! It looks great. It's a very nice piece!
    thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment on the cane back chair redo! :)
    your kind words are appreciated.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following your blog from a late Friday Follow. This is a neat and chic blog, I will be reading up more. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com i'm sure you will like it too.

    Blessing @ Safe Home Happy Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this really adds th o the charm of your picture. Te texture of the empty frame is always so nice. Pop me a note when you finish your cloche and nest. I would love to see. You should have seen me...chopping and plumping with moss. i was a mess. Thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Beautiful picture!!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute keepsake!
    New follower this Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, fantastic job!!

    Thanks for your comments on my Welcome sign too, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower from Friday Follow. Nice to meet you! Come by and visit soon!

    http://militaryspouserollercoasterride.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse Friday Follow to say HI! Come by and say Hi!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea! I am now following you from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following from Friday Follow. Come over and visit

    http://oh-dear-lord.blogspot.com
    http://littlemissmuffinscakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Happy Follow Friday! I'm your newest follower!

    http://dustinnikki.blogspot.com/

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Follow Friday

    Following You From...
    http://bizzimommi.blogspot.com

    Hope You Come By!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad we were able to inspire you! Your wedding art is absolutely fabulous, and you're right, the frames accent it well! Thanks for the shout out!

    Missy-JunkFest

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there!

    We are visiting from the FF. We are already followers of yours and wanted to stop by and say hello. :) Hope you had a fantastic weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from FF. Thanks for visiting my blog, as I am now a follower in return.

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! Just found your blog and am adding you to my follow list. Thanks for hosting me on your blogroll.

    The silhouette of you and your husband is really cool. Did you create it? I'd love to hear more info.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who hangs up empty frames with the intention of filling them "someday..." =)

    ReplyDelete