FREE PICTURE POSTMARKS FROM SANTA CLAUS & NORTH POLE
1. After writing out the personalized letter FROM Santa, place it in a stamped envelope addressed to the child.
2. Write: Santa, North Pole, Alaska as the return address.
3. Place this addressed/stamped envelope into another stamped envelope with your name and address as the return address. Address this envelope to:
North Pole Christmas Cancellation,
Postmaster 5400 Mail Trail,
Fairbanks, AK 99709-9998
Requests must arrive in Fairbanks Alaska before December 15
OR.... here's my favorite:
To get a Santa picture postmark (shown above) do the same as above but send the letter to:
Postmaster-Santa Claus Postmark
Santa Claus Station
Santa Claus, IN 47579-9998
A note and some tips from the Santa Claus Indiana postmaster:
Are your holiday cards addressed and ready to mail? Consider taking a road trip to Santa Claus, Indiana to send them. This small-town post office is the only one in the world with the Santa Claus name and receives over 400,000 pieces of mail in December. During the rest of the year, only 13,000 pieces of mail are processed each month. The Santa Claus Post Office has offered a special “picture postmark” every holiday season since 1983.
Each year, the holiday postmark is designed by a local high school art student as part of an annual contest. This year’s winner is Shelbi Boehman, of Fulda, Indiana.
Postmaster Balbach asks that anyone interested in getting the special cancellation on their holiday mail follow these guidelines:
• Allow at least a 2-inch by 4-inch space in the stamp area for the picture postmark
• To ensure a good postmark imprint, do not enclose large or bulky items in your holiday mail (Ex: reindeer food, snowflakes, glitter, stickers, etc.)
• There is no charge for postmarking; however, there is a limit of 50 picture postmarks (hand cancellations) per person per day
For more holiday events and information or to view the postmark archive visit their page here.
Here is the letter I'm sending my onery granddaughter. lol Her two sisters will get a different letter. It's times like this that make being a grandma so fun. hehe
Rudolph just whispered in my ear that the sleigh is nearly packed. He can hardly wait to lead the reindeer with my sleigh full of toys on our long trip to visit the homes of good boys and girls. The elves are busy putting bows and ribbons on the last of the presents.
I just had to take a minute to write to you and tell you that I found your name on my reminder list to be a good girl.
The reindeer and I are planning to arrive in !!Name of Town!! early to deliver gifts. Please be sure to hang your stocking and be in bed early as Christmas is such a busy day!
Well, Mrs. Claus is calling me for dinner, so I have to get going.
Merry Christmas and Warmest Wishes!
For more sample letters, visit FREE Letters from Santa.