Learn how to

12/22/10

Original Kraft Fantasy Fudge Recipe

This is the original Fantasy Fudge recipe from the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. It's very easy and always turns out great! I use the Microwave method. It's so quick & easy and I don't have to worry about it burning.



3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7oz jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Microwave method:
-Microwave margarine in 4-quart microwave safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
-Add sugar and milk; mix well.
-Microwave 3 min; stir.
-Continue Microwaving 2 min; stir.
-Continue Microwaving 3 min; stir.
-Finish Microwaving a final 2 1/2 min; stir.
-Stir in chips until melted.
-Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
-Pour into greased or foil lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan. (I like to use a slightly smaller pyrex 11.75 x 7.5 x 1.75 for thicker squares. This helps to keep the fudge from drying out so soon) Cool at room temperature; cut into squares. Makes 3 pounds.

Stove top method:Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate until melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla; beat until blended. Pour into greased or foil lined 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1 inch squares. Makes 3 pounds.

For Peanut Butter Fudge: In place of chocolate chips, use 1 small jar smooth, crunchy or extra crunchy peanut butter.


Search & Win

8 comments:

  1. Have you ever made it with real butter?

    I don't use margarine, but I assume butter would work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two batches I made in the picture is made with 1 stick of unsalted butter and 1/4 cup margarine. I was running low on margarine and butter. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! they look so good. Thanks for the recipe.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so easy! Thanks so much! Now to get me some marshmallow creme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria It is the moistest fudge I have ever ate.

    Precious It is SUPER EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great recipe. I would like to make the peanut butter version but I’m curious just how much peanut butter is in a “small jar”? I’ve seen various sizes but the jars we have are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can I make a sugar free version for my diabetic mother?

    ReplyDelete