Learn how to

6/26/10

Mom I'm Bored: Tips to Keep kids Busy on a Budget

With children being out of school for the summer, how many of you have heard "Mom, I'm bored?"

Here is my ideas for some frugal summer activities.

Check your local bowling centers. They are usually slow during the summer and they run free bowling for kids all the time. I don't understand it, bowling at the air conditioned center during the hottest part of summer is my kind of fun! Why are they not full? lol

Find out about area museums, art shows, marine centers, zoos, water slides. Your library may have a calendar of events for these as well as your local newspapers. They will run specials, sometimes even free events. Keep your eye out for coupons!

The 2010 entertainment book should be on deep discount in your area now. It may have some FREE passes for things in it.

Home Depot and Lowes has workshops for kids. Lowes is free, I'm not sure about Home Depot. Lakeshore Learning has free arts/crafts activities also. They are usually on Saturdays.

Most parks and rec have a free outdoor movie night once a month as well as their free concerts.

Kids love crafts! Check out PBS Kids and Thrifty Fun for great thrifty craft projects to do with the kiddos at home.

Jo-Anns Fabrics has a new Kids Camp. 11 classes, 12 projects to . The fee (most are $35) isn't real frugal, BUT they are having 50% off sign ups on July 10th, 1-3pm. There are projects for boys & girls, ages 5 & up.

How do you keep your kids busy during the summer?


Search & Win

2 comments:

  1. these are some great ideas. My boys are into soccer so I'm going to sign them up in a team this summer. I like the library calendar idea because we have a library very close by. And I love the free concerts at the park, we go every year to the one near us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria I had a lot of fun when my kiddo was in soccer. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete