Learn how to

10/28/10

The BEST Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipe Ever!

Normally my hubby is in charge of smoking our pork loins for pulled pork sandwiches. I had one in the freezer I bought several months ago I was wanting cooked. His schedule has been so busy I decided to try cooking it in my crockpot. I've ate other people's crockpot pulled pork so I knew it could be good if done right. Hubby didn't have any of his rub mixed up so I needed a recipe.

I found this one online:

Best Odds Pulled Pork
This traditional pulled pork rub will give you the best odds for making a great batch of Carolina Style Pulled Pork.

Ingredients:
•1/4 cup brown sugar
•1/4 cup paprika
•3 tablespoons salt
•2 tablespoons black pepper
•1 tablespoon cayenne
•2 teaspoons dry mustard

Mix all ingredients well in a bowl. Generously coat all sides of meat and let sit at least 30 minutes. Coating the meat can get messy so I just cut the plastic wrapper off the roast while it was still in the grocery bag, sprinkled the rub on and let it sit the 30 minutes in the bag.

I then added enough water to just cover the bottom of my crockpot with two chicken bullion cubes, two quartered onions, 1 tsp of liquid smoke and then the roast. I cooked it on high for about 6 hours (my roast was a 7 pound roast). You want the roast to be on the verge of falling apart.

Once it was done I removed the roast and was easily able to take off the fat and discard. Then I shredded it with a fork. I poured out all the liquid but about 1 cup and the onions. I threw the shredded pork back into crockpot with the reserved liquid to keep it from drying out.

The rub flavors the meat and juices so wonderfully, we didn't use any bbq sauce on our sandwiches.

Search & Win

2 comments: