Learn how to

3/21/12

Look what I bought...


There has been so many things I needed to weigh and the little plastic scales I had didn't seem to weigh correctly.

They weigh in grams! And you can tare the container which makes it alot more accurate. This will make soap making so much easier.

They will also be great when I make cheese.

I picked mine up at a local Wal-Mart. They were less than $20.

I've ordered a book on cheese making and can't wait til it gets here. Have any of you made cheese lately? What is your favorite to make?

Search & Win

10 comments:

  1. Cute, but I will not be showing this to Fred. It would be sitting on my counter-top by lunch!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark that's where it's supposed to sit! otherwise, you would never use it, then YOU would give it away. lol

      Delete
  2. We found one at Aldi's for less then $10. We use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! I should have checked Aldi's first! lol

      Delete
  3. We bought our digital scale last year at Target when we really got serious about making our soap. So useful for packaging deer meat, too. I think we spent a few dollars more than you did, but we've had no regrets about buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie I just finished a batch of soap and I'm not sure if I like this scale or not. It has an automatic shut off and shuts off before you can get your exact measurement of oil, lye or water measured. When you turn it back on it goes to zero of course and you have your container part full of something. errrrrr

      Delete
  4. LOL I bought one on clearance after Christmas for like $5.00 for a digital scale and I have yet to use it! Could be because I don't know where I put it after the holidays! LOL

    Have a great week!

    Blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill I've done that before, not with scales but other great after holiday buys. lol

      Delete
  5. I want one... have to get to Walmart or Aldi or somewhere soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody they are definitely worth the money for several different things. Soap making, cheese making or cooking.

      Delete