Learn how to

1/15/10

Cheeseburger Soup

I'm back! I have been really busy entertaining my 12 year old son through the holiday break which I thought would never come to an end! We got snow on top of snow and they were out of school for a whole extra week! He was even starting to get bored and was wanting to go back!

I have a new recipe to share with you that came from Aunt Krista. Just right to take the chill of a cold grey evening meal. I serve it with home-made bread and will share my favorite bread machine recipe with you also.















Cheeseburger Soup
K. Eidson

1 pound hamburger
4 T. butter (divided)
¾ C chopped onion
3 C chicken broth
¾ C shredded carrots
4 C diced peeled potatoes
¾ C diced celery
¼ C flour
1 t. basil
8 oz. Velveeta (cubed)
1 t. parsley flakes
1 ½ C milk
¾ t. salt
¼ C sour cream
¼ t. pepper

In a saucepan, brown hamburger, drain, set aside. In same pan, saut̩ onion, carrots, celery, basil, & parsley flakes in 1 T. butter until tender. Add broth, potatoes, & hamburger, bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender. In small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour, stir 3-5 minutes until bubbly. Add to soup, bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Reduce to low Рadd cheese, milk, salt, & pepper. Cook until cheese melts. Remove. Add sour cream.
I always double this recipe. It is so yummy, I suggest you do the same!


I was really surprised when both my sons ate this like there was no tomorrow! I chop my onion and celery up VERY fine and grate the carrots to help conceal them. The oldest is pretty easy to slip stuff by him, but the youngest actually picks apart his food to see what all is in it. The onion and celery cooked down nicely and passed his inspection. He ate two bowls of it! I was such a HAPPY mom! Something new to cook that EVERYONE loved.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment