**I'm really excited to announce I've got some cool giveaways of my own for you guys coming soon!** Now, on to the Beer Butt Chicken....
1 Whole Chicken
1 can of beer
2 Tablespoons McCormick Grill Mates Garlic & Onion Medley Seasoning (Or your own favorite seasonings or dry rub. salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, cilantro, rosemary, sage, tarragon or thyme makes a great seasoned chicken.)
1. Heat grill to medium heat.
2. Line a cake pan or broiler tray with foil or use a disposable roasting pan.
3. Drink 1/3 of your beer.
4. Prepare chicken removing the insides.
5. Rub olive oil all over chicken and beer can. Using a couple teaspoons of your spices rub all over chicken.
6. Place the chicken's butt over the beer can and slide down over the can as far as it will go.
7. Stand the chicken & beer can in the middle of the prepared pan or tray spreading the legs out to help hold the chicken up. Place carefully on the grill. It's best to have all your heat (wood or coals) to one side and the chicken to the other.
8. Cover grill (if you dont have a cover use a large stock pot pan) and cook between 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a medium heat. Internal temperature should reach 180ºF when done, measured in the deepest part of the thigh, not touching the bone. The chicken will get very brown or even black on the outside.
9. CAREFUL! Remove the chicken from the grill and let chicken rest. Using a towel or tongs remove the can from the chicken's butt, cut, and serve. CAUTION... the beer is extremely hot!
Chicken can also be roasted in an oven at 375 degrees for 90 minutes.
Serve with some grilled veggies for a great outdoor cooked meal. Here I chopped up fresh cauliflower and broccoli, threw in some baby carrots and top with butter. Pour enough water in pan to cover the bottom so the butter wont burn, cover tightly with foil and place on grill.