Learn how to

5/8/12

Bringin Home the Bacon!

I found bacon on sale 2 for $3. I consider $1.50 rock bottom price on bacon. The very same bacon was on sale at Price Chopper last week for $3.99 for one package. THAT was sale price! I refuse to pay $4 for a pound of bacon.

I picked up two packages and cut both packages in half. Then I bagged it up, 4 half slices in each bag, and threw them in my freezer. We do not like processed bacon bits. Ewwwwww!

I now can pull a package out to season green beans, baked beans, navy beans, dips, salads, and more. I don't have the luxury of running down the block to the local grocery when I cook. I have to keep a well stocked pantry and freezer, so I try to pick things up when I see them on such a great sale even if I won't be using it for a meal that week.

The two pounds gave me a dozen packages which will last several months and makes it really cheap.



  Search & Win

4 comments:

  1. Fortunately, I haven't had to buy bacon since we bought a hog and had it processed last August. I would do without before I paid $4/lb for bacon, too.

    I don't usually use the actual bacon as seasoning in beans, etc. That's because it would mean less bacon for us to fry and eat by itself...LOL! I save the grease and use it as seasoning instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie when I fry bacon, I save the grease too and freeze it for later use. There is no better seasoning than bacon grease! lol

      Delete
  2. That's a very good find! We usually stay away from bacon but when it's this inexpensive I'll get a pack for sunday brunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny rarely do you see it that cheap around here! I probably should have bought more.

      Delete