Learn how to

12/16/07

How Classic Games Have Changed


Growing up my sisters and I usually always got one new game for Christmas.

I'm not talking about a new game system or video game for one. I'm talking about a board game that takes interaction with other people. Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Battleship, and Clue to name a few. My family also loved to play cards. Rook, Uno, and later we bought from our school fund raiser a card game nobody had ever heard of...Skip Bo. After several years of Skip Bo only being available through fund raisers it was bought and marketed out in the big discount stores. The last couple of years a new favorite has been Mexican train dominoes.

It amazes me how these classic games have evolved and increased in price. You have electronic Monopoly, Battleship, Uno, and Yahtzee.

I like to stick to the more basic, non-electronic versions when buying for my boys.

The game bought this year is...



It comes in a compact case. I'm hoping it will be a good down to earth game my husband, son and I can play together on the cold bleary days ahead of us. The price was reasonable and frugal compared to other games too. $9.99

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa....LOVE your Blog...great info in lots of arenas. I reposted the links for the sites...see if this works: http://www.moneymakingmamas.org/2007/12/generate-income-from-your-kitchen-table.html

    let me know...blessings...lylah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you post a review of that game after you play it. I'm always nervous to buy a game we haven't tried because we have so many that I thought we were going to LOVE that we played once and that sit in our stuffed game closet collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the old games and you know which one in paticular now don't you. Do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that game! We played it at a Ladies night out and had fun. Another great family game with young kids is Flapdoodle, crazy things to do and lots of giggles! Or Quelf if your kids are a bit bigger or you like to play with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete