Learn how to

7/5/10

Another no spend day!

We had another zero spend today. YEAH!

Dinner was Jambalaya. I used the last of the polish sausage we had grilled Saturday, free Old El Paso Black Beans and the rice was about .50. I bought it so long ago with a coupon and I remember it wasnt free but not much or I wouldnt have bought it. We've never eaten Saffron yellow rice so I was happy to try the Mahatma without it costing full price.

2 5oz tubes of Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice
3 1/3 cup water
1 tsp ground onion powder

Bring water to a boil, stir in rice and onion powder, turn down to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.

Add approximately 1 pound of sliced polish sausage (ours was HOT polish sausage) and 1 Old El Paso Heat & Serve Seasoned Black Beans (8 oz. pouch).

Simmer until all heated thorougly. I had to add another cup of hot water to keep it from scorching.

We loved the rice! The flavor was very spicy. I am sure it was because of the HOT polish sausage. If you don't use the hot sausage it may be a little bland depending upon how spicy you like your food.

This will be a quick frugal meal I will be serving again.

For dessert we had the best seedless watermelon I have had in a looonnnngggg time. It was so sweet like candy!

Monthly totals:
OOP: $83.99
Coupons: $30

Have you a quick frugal meal to share? Let's hear it!


Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment