Learn how to

7/1/10

Time to Review Household spending

When trying to stay to a budget it's always good to periodically do a review and see if things are still in line, or if something needs attention.

Since it's the first of the month, I thought it would be a great time to start tracking my out of pocket household/grocery spending. I am going to track my use of coupons and compare the two.

Also, I will list all the other things I do to make our money stretch.

Today was a no spend day. I did no shopping.

Things I did to save money:

My dark green sheet is still clothes pinned to my west dining room windows. These floor to almost ceiling windows heats up the heart of my home sooo bad! It has helped keep the dining room, kitchen and family room so much cooler. I also kept the drapes pulled shut on the west patio doors.

I skipped running the dishwasher today, I didn't have a full load.

I washed 2 loads of laundry using cold water. I do not wash ALL my laundry in cold water. Sheets, towels/wash cloths and undergarments get washed in hot water to kill bacteria/germs. Both loads were dried for a short period and then hung up to finish drying. (note to self: have hubby check dryer, I think the exhaust hose has come off, NOT GOOD!)

During the day, lights are rarely used. Keeping them shut off saves me on my electric bill two ways. One, no electricity is used for the light itself, and two lights heat a home up.

Did not use the stove today! Supper was leftover hamburgers warmed in microwave.

Turned the a/c off for several hours. It was a very nice day!

Clipped several coupons for upcoming shopping.

Shook out two ziplock bags that held cookies and crackers so they could be reused.

Ordered an Amazon gift card from Swagbucks!



Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment