Learn how to

1/21/09

Taking a Cake Mix from Blah to Better Than.....

well uhmmm, it's deliciosis! 'Nuf said.

1 chocolate cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 small box chocolate instant pudding

Follow cake mix directions adding pudding at the same time as the mix. Once all ingredients are mixed and wet, then add sour cream.

When mixing the mix will grow due to the pudding. When baked it will poof up and look so beautiful and smooth... don't despair as it cools and falls some and wrinkles up on the top.

I thought it was a failure but, knowing the two I live with and that they'll eat anything... I frosted it anyway.

A good cook always tests her creations before serving them. So I had a piece and it was great. It does make a heavy moist cake, not quite as heavy as a brownie, but not light and airy like a regular cake.

So go ahead and try it! Let me know if you like it as much as we did!

3 comments:

  1. sour cream is my favorite baking trick! I posted about it in my holiday baking series and I think I mentioned it a few times on the pound.

    Just wanted to give you a head's up: I have 4 giveaways going on at my blog, and for the amazon.com one, Jenny offered up her entry to you. If you want, you can enter too, so you can have twice the chance of winning!

    See you over there!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amiyrah I entered and was amazed at the amount of people who did not follow instructions!

    I used up all that sour cream in my chocolate chip bar cookies and the chocolate cake I baked. It made both sooooo moist. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea, I will have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete