Learn how to

11/11/08

Broccoli Alia Olia


Ingredients:
1 pound angel hair pasta
1 1/2 pound broccoli
3 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt to taste

Put stock pot of water on to boil. In skillet add olive oil, butter and garlic. Saute garlic until it just begins to simmer, then add chicken stock and red pepper along with the diced up small broccoli stems. Cook for 12 minutes. Add stock or water as needed to retain 3 cup level.

Water should be boiling, add pasta. While pasta cooks for the length of time package recommends MINUS one minute, throw broccoli tops into chicken stock and cook 3 minutes. Drain pasta and add broccoli and stock to angel hair. sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on, stir and cover for one minute. Serve

Thanks to Chef John for the recipe and instructional videos.

5 comments:

  1. YUM! I wish DH would eat more broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome!!! Maybe I'll make it tomorrow! Love your recipes! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH NELLIE.......I want some of this....I'm having fish....that sucks (I meant to say we are having sucker fish and they are marvelous)....actually, we are having trout and flounder, but this looks really good and I want some!!! yes I do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about Walgreens :( What did they try and tell you? I've had some major issues with them in the past but for the most part I've gotten more deals out of them then hassles. Ask me again next week though, as my relationships with these stores are constantly changing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh hey! I made this over the weekend and looooooved it! :) Will be posting about it later today/this week I think :)

    THANKS AGAIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete