Learn how to

9/7/08

Today Is Grandparent's Day

I received an email today from Eversave reminding me that it is Grandparent's Day. We don't do much for Grandparent's Day other than buy a card and visit for the afternoon.

Also in the email was this recipe to make for a treat for your grandparents. It sounds easy and yummmy! If I find time I will supervise boy wonder so he can make it for them. I'm sure my mother and father both would love it.


Butter cake

Ingredients
2 cups pre-sifted flour
1 box confectioner's sugar (approx 3 1/2-3 3/4 cups)
3 TBSP vanilla
3 TBSP lemon extract
6 eggs
3 sticks butter

Directions
At least two hours prior to preparation, set eggs out so they will be at room temperature. Butter should be set out about half an hour before preparation. At preparation, preheat oven to 325 degrees F; grease and flour bundt cake pan. Crack eggs into mixing bowl. Cream butter into eggs. Cream in confectioner's sugar. Fold in pre-sifted flour. Use hand or electric mixer to whip up thick batter. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour; when done, let cool for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete