Learn how to

1/3/08

6 Great OTHER Uses For Hairspray

I'm not one to use hairspray on a daily basis but do keep a can on hand for my hair when I am going to something really important or having family photos taken.

I have found some other uses for hairspray that I occasionally use.

My favorite is it's a great stain remover! Use it to remove ink stains from clothes and carpet. Just saturate the stain, let it set for about a minute and then wash it away. Hairspray also helps remove marker and I've heard mixed emotions while regarding permanent ink.

You can catch bugs around your home and kill them faster using hairspray. Instead of chasing a fly around the house with a fly swatter, aim and fire with the hairspray. The hair spray seems to stiffen and freeze it's wings rendering it unable to fly, and allowing you to catch or swat at it.

Hairspray will work in your crafts and scrapbooking too. You can use a little hairspray to keep your chalking from smearing all over the place. In addition you can spray a little on a newspaper article to slow down the yellowing process. It is recommended however, that you use it only on articles you don't wish to preserve for long periods of time.

Hairspray will preserve leaves and some flowers. Use it to prolong the life of baby's breath, cattails and broom grass in addition to those beautiful fall leaves.

You can use hairspray when you are sewing. When threading a needle, spray a little hairspray on the end of the thread to stiffen it. It makes it much easier to thread.

Did you know that hairspray is great on pantyhose runs. Just spritz a bit on the run, and it will help to prevent the pantyhose from continuing to run.

Today I want to hear from all you lurkers on here. Do you have a favorite OTHER use for hairspray? Leave me a comment and tell me about it.

5 comments:

  1. In a pinch, it will replace Static Guard for static electricity in clothing. Just don't use so much that your clothes become sticky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you asked on my blog where I'm located. If you email me at imannies@gmail.com, I'll tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared these! I knew some of them but not all, especially the fly one. Sorry I don't have another use to mention here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... do you plagiarize all your articles here?

    You obviously have cut and pasted this entry from http://frugal.families.com/blog/quick-home-remedies-using-hair-spray

    So... how many of these other "experiences" are nothing more than fraud?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, I'm the Managing Editor for Families.com. I will agree that you appear to have lifted in whole chunks from a blog that was published and copyrighted on our site in 2006 (http://frugal.families.com/blog/quick-home-remedies-using-hair-spray). I would request that you attribute your information here properly or remove it (especially since you claim to have copyrighted the material) immediately.

    ReplyDelete