Learn how to

12/28/08

Food Gift Baskets

Now that Christmas is over I need to get started on planning everyone's birthday gifts. I'm already behind... my sis-in-laws birthday was Dec 26.

I have decided I will do food gift baskets for the majority of them, especially the guys on my list. They all love to eat and most like to cook. I've done gifts in jars before and have decided the mixes will either be done up in some flour bags I found or for the smaller mixes I will use plastic sandwich bags with handmade toppers stapled to the top.

There are a lot of websites that provide the recipes for these mixes but Budget101 is one of my favorites.

Tomorrow I will test this recipe from their website to be sure it's a decent bread to include in my gift baskets.

Beer Bread
1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
2/3 cup yellow corn meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
4 tsp dried minced onion


Layer all ingredients in Jar Or vacuum seal bag.


GIFT TAG DIRECTIONS;
1 Jar Mix
1 12 oz Domestic Beer (not lite)


Blend well, bake in greased loaf pan at 375F for 35-40 minutes.

recipe from budget101

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Let us know how it turns out! I have been using Budget 101 for years. Lots of great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good idea! Let me know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete