Learn how to

3/11/08

Wacky Cake

This is an old family favorite. It is quick and easy. The big thing I like about this recipe is there is no extra dishes to wash. It's all mixed right in the pan you bake in. I like to add the oil to my pan first, tilting the pan back and forth to be sure to spread the oil. Then I add the rest of the ingredients, stirring as I go along.

Most cake recipes have eggs in them. This recipe has no eggs and therefore is a good choice for any Vegan's Birthday.

Wacky Cake
From Kitty Hoover

2/3 c oil
½ c cocoa
3 c flour
2 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 Tbl vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
2 c cold water
1 c nuts

Mix all in ungreased/unfloured pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Cool then frost.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this super simple recipe. I'm going to give it a whirl. Does it work with a bit less sugar? And please may I post it on my blog, with credit and a link to you and your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne I've never made it with less sugar so I couldnt answer that. Feel free to post it on your blog and link to it. :)

    ReplyDelete